Generic Ethernet Access (GEA)
Similar to EFM and to some extent, FTTC, GEA uses the existing copper infrastructure between the customer’s premises and the cabinet and then fibre from the cabinet to the exchange. However, unlike FTTC, their traffic then passes onto an Ethernet network rather than the standard, more contended, broadband network. GEA therefore provides a dedicated and uncontended Ethernet based service with symmetrical speeds of up to 20Mbps and minimal installation costs and lead times.
For complete peace of mind, GEA is also backed up by a comprehensive SLA, a choice of back up connectivity options and provides a guaranteed time to fix, return you back to service in the event of a circuit failure.
What are the benefits of GEA?
- Symmetrical speeds of up to 20Mbps
- Available in 2,5,10,15 and 20Mbps options
- Installation in as little as 20 working days
- Utilises the existing copper and fibre infrastructure to minimise installation costs
- Comprehensive SLA, choice of back up connection
- Uncontended connection
- Supports Virtual Private Networks & Voice over IP