Kelsey Networks Ltd. takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and adheres to the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ (GDPR)
- Visit any of our websites or portals (the "Website");
- Use the support, procurement, installation, development, products, and consultancy services (together the "Services") that we provide.
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you through the use of:
- Forms, which may be on paper or on our Websites;
- Postal mail;
- We may record and store the telephone conversations you have to our office for the purposes of quality control, staff training, and/or to prevent or detect crime, these can be removed on request.
- Login to access our Services;
- Remote assistance tools provide us with access to your system which is recorded for auditing purposes.
- Signup to receive our newsletters or register for information with consent applied;
- For contractual agreement;
- Publicly available contact details.
The Information We Hold
We hold information to assist in providing services and include:
- Associated Business Address;
- Associated Business Email;
- Associated Business phone numbers;
- Home address (only in the event of services being provided at this location);
- Home telephone number if part of broadband supplied by KNL (only in the event of services being provided at this location);
- Fixed IP address and login details of home installation if part of broadband supplied by KNL (only in the event of services being provided at this location).
In addition, we collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Websites as described below in cookies.
If you choose to provide us with information, you explicitly grant your consent to us using that information as is necessary to provide Services to you.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our Services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you request from us;
- To administer your account on our internal or public facing system via secure web access;
- To respond to your correspondence, so that we can reply to your enquiries and requests in an efficient and effective manner;
- To provide information on other KNL products and Services which we feel may be of interest to you, in accordance with your communications preferences;
- To meet our contractual commitments to you;
- To prevent or detect crime;
- To act on your behalf where third-party services form part of our contractual obligations to you;
- To notify you about any changes to the Websites or our Services, such as improvements or changes that may affect either; and
- Where your telephone conversations with us have been recorded, these recordings will be retained for a maximum of 30 days and will only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
If you do not want us to use your data for any marketing purposes you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us.
Storing Your Personal Data
The personal information you provided to us is stored within secure servers; with use of encryption and secure access.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we endeavor to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
All KNL email addresses support TLS email encryption, so it is advised that if you are concerned about the contents of any email to use this encryption.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our sites and portals, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosing Your Information
We may use your personal information with consent within the company. We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Any third party we contract to act on our behalf;
- Partners with whom we work to provide Services;
- Any third party that purchases all or substantially all of our assets and business; and to
- Any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our Websites or within documentation we provide.
If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies which you should review.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the Website or our Services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality to generate interest in us, the Website and our Services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly-available, including through Internet search engines.
Please note that we do not exercise, endorse or control the policies or practices of any third party social network whose functionality you may access through the Website.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information may involve the transmission of personal information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Websites and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information collected through the Websites in accordance with strict data protection standards.
Access to Information
Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below. If you have an account on the Website you may also access and update your personal information by logging onto your account.
Postal Address: 18, Bold Street, Warrington, WA1 1HP
By using our Services we use and retain your information as a legitimate interest or, with specific consent, we will collect and use information as outlined in within this document.
We use Google analytics within our websites to monitor how visitors move around the website and how they reached it. This is done so that we can see total (not individual) statistics on which types of content users access most frequently. The Google cookies also tell us if you have visited the site before and allow us to track how many individual users the websites have. The Google cookies cannot be used to identify individuals - they are used for statistical purposes only. You can opt out of Google cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
From time to time we may have links to other services such as Social Media or video services on our sites. These services may drop cookies on your computer when you use them, especially if you are already logged into their service. Due to the nature of how cookies work, KNL cannot access these cookies nor control their use. Likewise, these third-party services cannot access KNL session or analytics cookies.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and to set your own cookie preferences on your computer.
These preferences can be to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or not to receive cookies at all. However, by opting not to receive cookies at any time, certain features of the Website cannot be provided and you may not be able to enjoy the Website to its fullest. All web browsers are different and to learn how to change your cookie preferences check the "Help" menu of your browser.
Users can block most cookies (except for Flash cookies) by activating the setting on their browser that allows users to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if the browser settings are set to block all cookies (including essential cookies) users may not be able to access all or parts of the website, or users may experience reduced functionality or unexpected operations when accessing certain services.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. The links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one.
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE - the mobile version is at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx)
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Cookies Notification and Control
Tracking cookies observe how visitors move around the website when browsing it and record which content users view and are interested in. This helps improve the service by helping make sure users are finding the information they are looking for and by tracking the success of KNL advertising campaigns.
|Name of Cookie||What does it do?|
|ASP.NET_sessionid||This cookie is used to determine when a user is actively using the website. It enables the website to temporarily store information so that it can be accessed by other pages on the website to help the site function correctly.|
The website also uses analytical cookies which are operated by the organisation(s) listed below:
|Organisation setting the cookie||Name of cookie||What does it do?||How to reject/delete these cookies?|
|Google Analytics||_utma||This cookie helps determine the number of unique visitors to the website.||You may reject or delete these cookies by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|_utmz||This cookie helps determine the referral method of people visiting the website. This helps to analyse the traffic arriving at the website and to determine which are the most popular routes (e.g. direct, search engine search, email link).|
|_utmb||This Google Analytics cookie helps record the length of individual sessions from users on the website. Each time a user moves to a new page on the website within 30 minutes of arriving, the cookie updates so that we know that the user is still actively using the website within a single session.|
|_utmc||Similar to _utmb, this Google Analytics cookie helps record the length of individual sessions on the website.|
To opt-out please visit Google
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.